- Yumbox is leakproof! Pack wet foods like yogurt and applesauce (not water). Seals with one lid. Kid (and adult)-friendly latch
- Includes exterior box and 3-compartment tray insert with themed illustrations
- Pre-portioned removable illustrated tray. Large food well is 3/4 cup, small food well is 1/3 cups plus dip well
- All food-safe materials, BPA-free and phthalates-free. Sturdy ABS (outer box), Tritan (tray) and Silicone (seal)
- Dishwasher-safe (top rack only up to 65°C), hand washing the lid is highly recommended to prolong the longevity of the seal
- Dimensions in a closed position are approximately 15.0 x 10.5 x 5.0 cm and weighs 280g
- Reusable snack box – Great for all of your snacks-on-the go!
- Designed in France and the USA
Yumbox - Snack Box - Cherie Pink
Is Yumbox leakproof?
Yes. Yumbox is a leakproof container. Yumbox’s silicone lid engages with the tray to create a tight seal keeping food contents in place, including wet foods like yogurt and applesauce (not water). Foods will not leak between compartments or outside of the box.
How do I pack wet foods?
Yumbox is designed to hold wet foods but not liquids. To ensure that food stays in place and does not leak to other compartments, follow these 4 Easy Steps:
1) Do not overfill compartments (an overfilled compartment could cause another to leak as well);
2) Remove any excess liquid from canned fruit, applesauce and yogurts;
3) Keep contents cool by adding an ice pack to your lunch tote;
4) When closing Yumbox, press down on the lid with the palm of your hand and snap latch to closed position to create the best seal.
Do not pack yogurt drinks, soups or runny/watery dressings.
Do pack foods with the consistency of ranch dressing, ketchup, chunky salsas, hummus, yogurt, and veggie dips. These are all great options. Some oily vinaigrettes may leak out of the dip well. One trick that can help keep vinaigrettes in place is to dress the salad and top it with a few croutons. The croutons will absorb excess oil/liquid and keep the vinaigrette from seeping into a neighboring compartment. If you are not sure if your food choice is too liquidy to pack, we suggest that you conduct a quick test before sending your child to school with that food. Simply add the test food to a compartment, close Yumbox properly and give it a good shake (or leave it on its side for 10 min.). Set Yumbox back to normal position and open to see the results.
Is Yumbox dishwasher safe?
Yes, Yumbox is dishwasher safe. Top rack only. We highly recommend hand washing the outer shell and/or removing it before the heat dry cycle. Yumbox has been tested at temperature 65C/149F, 110 min. cycle. Yumbox is made with ABS (exterior box), Tritan (tray), and silicone (seal). Yumbox is designed with rounded edges and smooth surfaces to make hand washing easy.
Special Care instructions for the silicone seal: Please be sure to empty contents each day, hand wash with warm soapy water and thoroughly dry your Yumbox before storing. Also, if you live in a damp or humid environment, leave Yumbox ajar, not sealed when storing. If you pack oily foods regularly, coat with a baking soda paste once a week overnight to avoid build-up.
Is Yumbox food safe?
Yes. All materials are food-safe, BPA-Free, Phthalates-free and are CPSIA and FDA compliant.